“CA at Spring Hill is a very special place.
The students are hardworking and have a conscience with their behavior and attention to learning. The faculty is some of the best that I’ve worked with in my 20+ year career. They’re tireless in their care for our kids and diligent to achieving high expectations.”
– Nathan Hixson, Principal
For more than 40 years, Columbia Academy has been educating children for bright futures with an eternal perspective. Eight years ago, that vision expanded with the addition of a satellite campus in the Spring Hill community. Today, Columbia Academy at Spring Hill is a light in the community, offering a strong academic, extracurricular and spiritual education option. CA students and their families are blessed to enjoy big experiences on a smaller scale.
This is …Columbia Academy at Spring Hill
- Offering Preschool, Jr. Kindergarten and K-5th Grade (NEW! 3-Year old class & 5th grade in Fall 2019)
- Field trips, special guests and integrated opportunities with Columbia campus (Preschool – 12th grade)
- Degreed and fully accredited teachers at every learning level
- Elementary extracurricular programs such as sports (cheer, cross-country, basketball, football); chorus and fine arts
- Smaller class sizes providing productive teacher interactions and ideal support for academic and social development
- Spiritual development through regular worship assemblies, prayer, and age appropriate curriculum to help develop students’ love for God and His word
- Weekly special area classes in art, music, technology, P.E. and library
- Security Director & campus-wide safety and security initiatives
At CA at Spring Hill, our families have come to expect our best! We work tirelessly to offer a unique blend of family atmosphere, Christian principles and academic rigor. We get excited about offering our students these opportunities!
Quality First Instruction
Using Tennessee State Standards and the ACT Readiness Standards to inform our curriculum, our teachers are diligent to developing each child to reach his or her greatest potential.
In a strategic move away from state standardized testing, CA measures student progress with the ACT Aspire starting in third grade. Data collected throughout the school year prepares students to achieve higher scores on the ACT in high school. CA ACT scores are consistently above the local, state and national average.
This program introduces phonics skills to the youngest “Bulldogs” on our campus. Beginning in preschool, students are introduced to letters, sounds, and spelling. The program continues in Jr. Kindergarten, Kindergarten and first grade to ensure a solid foundation.
Not all students learn the same way. This approach to learning in first through fourth grade assists students who learn at different paces and levels. Depending on the grade level, this may include manipulatives, collaborative time with peers, and independent work space.
Classroom and lab time is dedicated to growing our STEM offerings (Science / Technology / Engineering / Mathematics). We use hands-on experiments and unconventional learning to teach students to strategize, problem solve, and expand their knowledge through these experiences.
We love literacy and instilling a love of reading in children. The AR program encourages students to read a variety of books throughout the year with a reward system.
COLUMBIA ACADEMY at SPRING HILL
Faculty & Staff – Get to Know Us!
Nathan Hixson – Principal
- 21 years experience in private and public education
- B.A., Liberal Studies – California State University, Stanislaus
- M.Ed., Instructional Leadership (pending)-
Concentration/Endorsement in Administration / Supervision for the ILL-B
Carrie McCullough – Jr. Kindergarten
- Six years teaching experience (Pre-K, K & 2nd grade)
- B.S., Early Childhood – Harding University
- M.Ed., Theories and Practice – Arkansas State University
- State Certification: PreK-3
Rebecca Williams – Kindergarten
- Six years teaching experience
- B.S., Elementary Education – Lipscomb University
- State Certification: K-6
LeeAnn Staggs – 1st Grade
- 24 years teaching experience / 11 years administrative experience
- B.S., Early Childhood Education – University of Tennessee at Martin
- M.Ed., Curriculum and Instruction – Tennessee State University
- +39 hours above M.Ed., Counseling and Administration – Tennessee State University
- State Certifications: Pre-K – 12 Administrator, Teaching – Pre-K-8 and 9-12 Mathematics
Alice Dahlstrom – 2nd Grade
- 27 years of experience in private and public education
- BBA in Accounting – Freed Hardeman University
- BS in Education – University of TN at Martin
- State certification – Elementary Education
Katie Reed – 3rd Grade
- 19 years teaching experience
- B.S., Elementary Ed – MTSU
- M.Ed., Curriculum & Instruction, Reading Specialist – Carson-Newman University
- State Certifications: Elementary Education, Special Education, & Reading Specialist
Chris Carroll – 4th Grade
18 years teaching experience both in USA and Internationally
B.S. in Business Management from Oklahoma State University
Masters in Art of Teaching from University of Arkansas in Monticello
State Certifications: Arkansas (middle school) & working towards TN certification in K-6
Karla Hardison – 5th Grade
- 15 years teaching experience
- B.S., Accounting – Lipscomb University
- M.Ed., Instructional Practice – Lipscomb University
- State Certification: K-6
CONTACT for Admissions
Contact Amberly Kaylor, Spring Hill campus Admissions Representative at 931-486-1002 / email@example.com