Solid academics are key to any successful private school and are the building blocks of education. What sets Columbia Academy apart are our high academic standards combined with the Biblical principles that are central to our mission. CA offers a solid college-preparatory curriculum encompassing the Bible and secular texts – all taught from a Christian worldview.
At every grade level at CA, students are challenged to think critically, analyze the world, flourish and are well prepared for the future.around them and continue in developing their relationship with Christ. As students begin in preschool and navigate through our lower and upper school programs, they are challenged to be seekers of truth and lifelong learners.
Did you know?
- Our graduates’ ACT scores are consistently higher than local, state and national averages. The class of 2022 had an ACT composite average of 23.
- Grades 1-7 will be taking the ERB-CTP Assessment this year. Grades 8-9 will be taking the Pre-ACT Assessment and grades 10-11 will take the ACT test. Our students’ growth (year over year progress) on standardized assessments are also consistently above national averages.
- Since 1979, Columbia Academy has been accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), now called COGNIA.
- Approximately 50% of our full-time faculty (K-12) has a master’s degree or higher.
- With 99% of our graduates planning to attend college after graduation, CA grads attend major universities across the country, many with academic and athletic scholarships. In recent years, CA graduates have enrolled at schools such as Duke University, Vanderbilt University, University of Glasgow, University of Michigan, The Citadel, Pepperdine University and the University of Tennessee in Knoxville among many others.
UPPER SCHOOL (Grades 7-12)
- Over 60% graduate with Honors
- Graduates earn roughly than $5 million in scholarships cumulatively each year – the class of 2022 was offered over $9.5 million.
- 22.9 ACT Average – higher than local, state and national average
- Numerous AP and Dual-Enrollment courses – over half of graduating class earned college credit before graduation.
- REACH Academic Honors Program
- Robotics lab for RoboDawgs team and New iMac Lab
- Wireless campus and one-to-one iPad or Chromebook learning in grades K-12
LOWER SCHOOL (Jr. K – 6)
- Daily special area classes with specialized teachers in music, visual art, physical education, library and technology
- Various assessments for students preparing them for the ERB and ACT.
- Focus on STEM learning with monthly experiments (grades 3-6) and annual STEM Night
- Customized curriculum programs to supplement and exceed state standards
- Small group, center based learning allowing students to learn at their own pace