Solid academics are key to any successful private school and are the building blocks of education. What sets Columbia Academy apart are our high academic standards combined with the Biblical principles that are central to our mission. CA offers a solid college-preparatory curriculum encompassing the Bible and secular texts – all taught from a Christian worldview.
At every grade level at CA, students are challenged to think critically, analyze the world, flourish and are well prepared for the future.around them and continue in developing their relationship with Christ. As students begin in preschool and navigate through our lower and upper school programs, they are challenged to be seekers of truth and lifelong learners.
Did you know?
- Our graduates’ ACT scores are consistently higher than local, state and national averages. The class of 2019 had an ACT composite average of 25. 46% of students in this class scored an 30 or higher on at least 1 of the ACT subtests. A composite score of 35 was the highest ACT score for the class of 2019.
- Since 2015, students in grades 3-10 take the ACT Aspire standardized test each year and are performing well above local and state averages. Our students’ growth (year over year progress) on the Aspire test is also consistently above national averages.
- Since 1979, Columbia Academy has been accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), now called AdvancED.
- Approximately 50% of our full-time faculty (K-12) has a master’s degree or higher.
- With 99% of our graduates planning to attend college after graduation, CA grads attend major universities across the country, many with academic and athletic scholarships. In recent years, CA graduates have enrolled at schools such as Duke University, Vanderbilt University, The Citadel, Pepperdine University and the University of Tennessee in Knoxville among many others.
UPPER SCHOOL (Grades 7-12)
- Over 60% graduate with Honors
- Graduates earn roughly than $5 million in scholarships cumulatively each year – the class of 2019 was offered over $5.9 million.
- 24.2 ACT Average – higher than local, state and national average
- Numerous AP and Dual-Enrollment courses – over half of graduating class earned college credit before graduation. The class of 2020 had 66 seniors taking at least one AP course and 33 students taking Dual Enrollment courses.
- REACH Academic Honors Program
- New robotics lab for RoboDawgs team and New iMac Lab
- Wireless campus and one-to-one iPad or Chromebook learning in grades K-12
LOWER SCHOOL (Jr. K – 6)
- Daily special area classes with specialized teachers in music, visual art, physical education, library and technology
- STAR testing for younger students preparing for ACT Aspire and beyond
- Focus on STEM learning with monthly experiments (grades 3-6) and annual STEM Night
- Customized curriculum programs to supplement and exceed state standards such as HMH Tennessee Science, Eureka Math,
Accelerated Reader, Wonders ELA curriculum by McGraw-Hill, Words Their Way, and Fundations to name a few
- Small group, center based learning allowing students to learn at their own pace